The Shirley Temple, a non-alcoholic cocktail, was invented in Los Angeles.
The LA metropolitan area is served by more airports than any other major city in the world – five.
Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula.” I’m sort of glad they shortened it, aren’t you?
LA is the movie and television stand-in for Japan, Hawaii, Manhattan, New England, Miami, Casablanca and even a planet for apes. Often all it takes is a little creative editing.
Strange laws still on the books in Los Angeles:
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
- You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
- Toads may not be licked.
- Zoot suits are prohibited.
- You may not charge admission to a house party.
Los Angeles is the birth place of both Marilyn Monroe and the Barbie Doll.
For those of you who forgot to pack your bathing suit, here’s the good news: Los Angeles has two nude beaches – one at Point Dume in Malibu and one at Abalone Cove in Palos Verdes.
When something is thought to be typical of Los Angeles, it can be heard said “That’s so LA.”